Tuesday, September 28, 2010

College and swimming and me becoming smart

College has been awesome so far. I've joined the swim team, become a Songleader in a tradition, made new friends, and am actually fixing my sleep schedule.


I've only been to two swim practices so far because I managed to get myself an upper respiratory infection. I also think I pulled a muscle in my abdomen during practice so Coach told me to go to the athletic trainers today. Hopefully they'll be able to fix me right up so that I can get to practice again. I'm going to be so buff (or swoll like my friend from Texas says) by the end of the season, I'll be able to lift a car with my bare hands.


College has made me think about what I want to do with my life more and more. In high school, I was just thinking that I had to get into college, now I have to think about the classes I'm taking and how they'll help me with my future. I'm thinking about majoring in Anthropology because I either want to become a Forensic Anthropologist or an Archaeologist. I'm going to have to take multiple levels of anthropology classes, history classes, biology, archaeology, plus the school requirements.


I might do an internship this January or this summer depending on what happens. I'd love to intern at the Smithsonian or the Maryland Archeological Society in Annapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment